Thursday, October 13, 2011

Ashley Elston: THE RULES FOR DISAPPEARING


I’m a southern girl all the way. I love iced tea with every meal, I’m told my accent is very strong by all non-Southerners and I wish crawfish season lasted all year. I live in Shreveport, Louisiana with my husband, Dean, and our three sons, Miller, Ross and Archer. I worked as a wedding and portrait photographer for the last twelve years but now just focus on portraits for close family and friends. My husband and I also own a commercial landscaping company and I am a certified Landscape Horticulturist. Love all kinds of plants! I write any spare moment I get which is more frequent now that all my boys are in school.
My debut novel, THE RULES FOR DISAPPEARING, will be published by Disney-Hyperion in winter 2013. It’s about a girl who, desperate to escape the Witness Protection program and discover what really happened the day that ruined her family’s lives, breaks her minders’ ultimate rule by falling for a boy and embarking with him on a perilous journey to outwit both cops and criminals.
I’m represented by the fabulous Sarah Davies of Greenhouse Literary. She is the best!
Online, you can find me at my blog (http://www.ashleyelston.blogspot.com/) or on twitter (www.twitter.com/ashley_elston). Social media is fairly new for me so I’m still finding my way there.
My favorite superstition: A common superstition for southern states is to eat black-eyes peas on New Year’s Day for good luck and good fortune. Not sure if it works but we ALWAYS eat them!

3 comments:

  1. Ashley, congratulations on your book! I love a fast-paced read. Good to see you here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am seriously so excited to read your book, Ashley! The funny thing about black-eyed peas is that my extended family is from the south, but we ate them year-round; I didn't know they were a New Year's tradition until I was a senior in high school!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to read this. I love the black eyed peas/New Years tradition. It got introduced to me only recently. :)

    ReplyDelete