Friday, November 25, 2011

A Writer's List of Gratitude

We're talking gratitude this week, and I have a lot to be thankful for. This week was my year of new things...a new husband, a new puppy and a new book contract (hot diggity dog!).

There's also a lot of writing things this I'm thankful for. You know, those things that keep you going when the words just might not be coming.

So here's a big old shout out to the following:
  • My Husband: Who fills me with encouragement and puts up with all the times I might retreat into my writing cave
  • My Family and Friends: Who pull me away from my writing when I really need a break
  • My Puppy: Who has taken to lying near the door in my writing office, best writing companion ever
  • My MFA Program: I'm so lucky to be surrounded by such amazing and talented writers
  • The Kenyon Review Writing Workshop: Every summer I go to week long writing workshop full of people who love nothing more than words and stories
  • My Blog Readers: You rock...I love your comments and encouragement
  • Coffee with Italian Cream Creamer: It is addictive
  • Gummy Candy
  • Super Soft Slipper Socks
  • Mumford and Sons, The National, Coldplay, Adele and The Swell Season: My current writing playlist...background music that inspires me
  • Electric Blankets
  • Gel Pens
  • Legal Pads
  • My iPhone: I love the ability to write notes and ideas on the go
  • Jersey Shore, Top Chef and The Millionaire Matchmaker: My mindless background noise that I often keep on while writing (hey, don't judge!)
  • YA Writers Who Inspire Me to Want to Write Better: Including...John Green, Courtney Summers, Jandy Nelson, Laurie Halse Anderson
  • Twitter: To connect and talk with my writing peeps and remind myself that I'm not going through this alone
  • Facebook: To pull me away when I need a little bit of writing distraction
And you can't forget my favorite...five days off for Thanksgiving which equals lots o'writing time!

I could go on and on about all the things I'm thankful for, but the turkey is kicking in and I think I need a nap. What about you? What are you thankful for?




Rachele Alpine is surrounded by words! She's a high school English teacher by day (10th grader American Literature), MFA fiction student by night and tries to find whatever free time she can in between to write, write, write.

She's represented by John Rudolph from Dystel and Goderich and her young adult comtemporary novel CANARY will be published in the summer of 2013 by Medallion Press.

She blogs at http://freckle-head.blogspot.com/, or you can find her onFacebookand Goodreads.

No comments:

Post a Comment