Thursday, October 13, 2011

Maurene Goo: SINCE YOU ASKED...


Like with most authors, this all started with a slightly unhealthy obsession with reading. As a kid, the appetite was voracious. I mean, I would read old issues of Reader's Digest in my grandma's old folks home or a weathered copy of The Good Earth that my dad kept smushed between his boring engineering textbooks. I'm privileged to spend my days writing—alongside an old cat with a perma-stye and a husband who makes magical movies for children. We live in LA where I eat lots of Korean and Mexican food, read in the sun, and watch movies earlier than most of America.
I've started a new blog on my website here.
You can also follow me on twitter here.
I am represented by Judith Hansen of the Hansen Literary Agency. My debut YA novel, SINCE YOU ASKED..., will be released in July 2013 by Scholastic Press.
Book blurb:
No, no one asked, but Holly Kim will tell you what she thinks anyway.

Fifteen-year-old Holly Kim is the copy editor for her high school's newspaper. When she accidentally submits an article that rips everyone to shreds, she gets her own column and rants her way through the school year. Can she survive homecoming, mean-girl cliques, jocks, secret admirers, Valentine's Day, and other high school embarrassments, all while struggling to balance her family's traditional Korean values?
Superstition: My favorite one is also the most bizarre: Koreans believe that you can die by leaving a fan on while you sleep at night. Honestly, this is beyond superstition because most Koreans truly believe this is backed by science O_O

No comments:

Post a Comment