Friday, December 28, 2012

This Year All I Want Is...

It's that time of year. You know, the time when (if you're like me) you make a list of things you'd like to do, see, accomplish in the new year. I figured that for fun, I'd share mine with you today and then maybe, if you've got yours together, you could share yours with me in the comments. So without a lot of hemming and hawing, here goes:


 This year all I want is...

1. To finally pull those size eight jeans out of my closet and fit into them. These would be the ones that I've kept for the past six years since before baby number two that are white with dust along the hanger crease because they've been untouched for so long. (I suppose I should put the Christmas cheesecake down now, huh?) Here's hoping that they're still in style.

2. To run in a race again...maybe a 5k. Okay, maybe I should clarify here. What I really mean is fast walk/jog in a 5k race...probably one with zombies in it like RUN FOR YOUR LIVES because I think I'll need mock zombies in full gore makeup breathing down my neck to properly motivate me to move my very wide writer's behind. Rule #1: Cardio (You know I had to reference ZOMBIELAND here).

3. To complete not one, but two books this year. Confession: I'm a very slow writer. I mean SLOW. I write full time every single day and yet I still manage only one book a year to date. Here's hoping I can find a way to make these fingers of mine fly over the keyboard and my brain do something other than Duhhhhhhhhhh. Caffeine good. Words hard for the first half of every day.

4. To keep on top of current events that don't include Lindsay Lohan. I stay in the writer cave most of every day. When I come out somehow E News goes on. *hides* Not very literary of me is it?

5. To make it to NYC before my book comes out. Yep. I want to do that whole writerly tour of the Random House building with Jay Z's New York song blaring in the background...at least in my own head. If I played it for real and started strutt-dancing George Jefferson-style when I met with my editor and everybody that would be weird, right?

 Now it's your turn....




Amy Christine Parker's book, GATED (formerly THE SILO), realeases with Random House Children's Fall of 2013 and follows a teenage girl named Lyla who has been living in a religious cult after the disappearance of her sister. While her parents are hopelessly under the sway of the group’s leader, Pioneer, Lyla is drawn into a dangerous situation when she begins to question Pioneer’s prophecy about the impending apocalypse. You can find her on her website, on her blog, and/or follow her on Twitter. She would absolutely love it if you added GATED on your to read list on Goodreads here.


4 comments:

  1. coool . succes w. the endeavors

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I'll add Gated to my reading list and Zombieland to my viewing list :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to watch Zombieland. There are so many quotable lines in it! My husband and I have watched it more times than I care to admit:-) And I'm so glad GATED is making your to read list!

      Delete
  3. Definitely hope you make it to NYC a couple times in 2013! I'm sure RH's offices will be nice and you can do all those NYer things. Fun times. Hope there'll be a great tour planned to fun places for "Gated."

    I hear you on the jeans part. I have a pair of black pants I've been meaning to fit into again. Challenging.

    And a book a year is not slow at all. That's pretty fast so no beating yourself up if one comes out of the year. Progress is progress after all.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete