This year all I want is...
1. To finally pull those size eight jeans out of my closet and fit into them. These would be the ones that I've kept for the past six years since before baby number two that are white with dust along the hanger crease because they've been untouched for so long. (I suppose I should put the Christmas cheesecake down now, huh?) Here's hoping that they're still in style.
2. To run in a race again...maybe a 5k. Okay, maybe I should clarify here. What I really mean is fast walk/jog in a 5k race...probably one with zombies in it like RUN FOR YOUR LIVES because I think I'll need mock zombies in full gore makeup breathing down my neck to properly motivate me to move my very wide writer's behind. Rule #1: Cardio (You know I had to reference ZOMBIELAND here).
3. To complete not one, but two books this year. Confession: I'm a very slow writer. I mean SLOW. I write full time every single day and yet I still manage only one book a year to date. Here's hoping I can find a way to make these fingers of mine fly over the keyboard and my brain do something other than Duhhhhhhhhhh. Caffeine good. Words hard for the first half of every day.
4. To keep on top of current events that don't include Lindsay Lohan. I stay in the writer cave most of every day. When I come out somehow E News goes on. *hides* Not very literary of me is it?
5. To make it to NYC before my book comes out. Yep. I want to do that whole writerly tour of the Random House building with Jay Z's New York song blaring in the background...at least in my own head. If I played it for real and started strutt-dancing George Jefferson-style when I met with my editor and everybody that would be weird, right?
Now it's your turn....