Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Level 2 US Launch Party

Even though I live in Frankfurt, Germany, I've spent a lot of time in Wichita, Kansas since my whole family is from there. When people ask me my hometown, I claim Wichita. After all, it is the only city in the world I can navigate by car without a GPS.  So it was a no-brainer to throw my US launch party for my debut, LEVEL 2, at Watermark Books, Wichita's premier indie bookstore.

When I walked in, I was met with this amazing cupcake display as well as flowers from my agent!


Here's a close-up of those cupcakes:


After setting up, the Watermark Events Manager Beth Golay introduced me.  I let people pick page numbers and read them select sentences from LEVEL 2. Then it was Q&A time.  The audience, about 50 people, had a ton of great questions. They even managed to get me to sing.  THAT won't happen again.

I announced the winners of the door prizes (LEVEL 2 bags with books, swag and German chocolate) and then it was signing time! Lots of books to sign:


And me signing them:


Notice my LEVEL 2 themed shirt? That it kind of matches the cover? I also bought a special pair of Fluevogs as my official LEVEL 2 tour shoes!


It was an amazing way to celebrate the culmination of years of hard work - with lots of friends, family and new fans of LEVEL 2.  I was especially grateful for the friends that traveled seriously long distances to be there last night. Jenny (Forever Young Adult) and her husband George drove up from Austin, TX.

Kelly Jensen of STACKED flew in from Wisconsin, and we got a photo together:



And Author Emily Hainsworth (THROUGH TO YOU) drove in from Colorado.  Here we are showing of each others' books:



We also have an event together at Mysteryscape in Kansas City on Saturday at 3 pm.

I want to thank everyone who came, everyone who sent me book birthday wishes and everyone who preordered a signed copy.  It was truly a magical day!

And now a few LEVEL 2 links of the day:

Check out this amazing Anatomy of a Level 2 Hive (cross section designed by an architect) over at Sophistikatied Reviews.

I'm in the Guardian talking about some of my favorite books dealing with memories and flashbacks.

The Forever Young Adult crew takes me Between Two Lockers and gets the lowdown on my teen self and LEVEL 2 in this hilarious interview.


photos by Kelly Jensen and George Bragdon.

9 comments:

  1. Eeee this looks awesome and I wish that I could have made the journey from PA! You look so fancy and authorly! :P Love those shoes!

    I feel like we've been waiting for release day for FOREVER since you shared about the book deal and YAY OMG IT'S HERE!!! Can't wait to get my hands on Level 3!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh! I'm so glad that your launch party went well! Sounds like you had a great turn out! :)

    Also, I am jealous of those cupcakes. And fluevogs are a hilarious name. I like the coordination with your book, though!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just read Level 2 and thoroughly enjoyed - what a great imagining and I cannot wait for Level 3. Looks like a great event!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great launch party! And those cupcakes look divine!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a day! This sounds like the perfect launch, Lenore. Congrats, again -- and thanks for sharing. Add me to the list of the cupcake-envious.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like you had a great turn-out and a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! Looks like a glorious launch, and also, excellent shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If you are organizing a corporate event remember that it has to be perfect. The reason is it is not just an event but decides a lot of things about an organization. So taking advice from experienced persons is also good way to enhance corporate functions.
    corporate event locations in atlanta

    ReplyDelete