Thursday, February 14, 2013

RELEASE DAY FOR INFINITE SKY!

Wow! So this day is really here. Infinite Sky is out! Eighteen months ago when I signed my book deal, I was sure I'd die before I got to this moment.

So, double hurray! I'm alive, and my book is available to buy in shops everywhere (or if not, certainly at Amazon Stores.)

Da-dah.

Infinite Sky is already getting some nice reviews. Last month, Stylist Magazine listed it as one of their Cult Books of 2013. I hope they meant cult as in really great, rather than with a tiny, but committed following.

Last Thursday, I had a launch at the University of East Anglia - where I did an MA in Creative Writing - alongwith my old tutor, Andrew Cowan, and my old workshop buddy, Tom Benn. It was a lovely night, and the two of them read astonishingly well from their forthcoming books.

Proof that I was there. Or somewhere.



To celebrate my book birthday, I will be eating nice food with friends, interspersed with sniffing the bejesus out of any copies of Infinite Sky I can find in the many book shops of Bristol.

I recommend you buy one for yourself and all of your friends and family, so that you can join me in doing the same.



C. J. Flood is a novelist who dreams of being a table tennis player. Infinite Sky comes out today! Buy it! Say hello at her blog, add the book on Goodreads or talk to her on Twitter.





9 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! I tried to find it on Amazon (USA) but it is not listed yet. I will keep checking back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jai! That's a shame about the book, hopefully it'll be available soon. x

      Delete
  2. Happy book birthday, Chelsey! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Cat! I had the loveliest day. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth! So happy to hear that.

      Delete
  5. Happy release day :) I pre-ordered your book some time ago and today it was in my mailbox. I'm looking forward for a chance to read it.

    Who knows, perhaps it was the first copy of Infinite Sky to find its way to Norway? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mari, that is the coolest! I am desperate to visit Norway, so it's nice to know my book at least, has made it.

      Delete
  6. Investment Plans to make money online, Online Jobs can make money online from home, Just Visit
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete