Thursday, March 7, 2013

The Nightmare Affair Post Launch Round Up

So it's really, really hard to believe that my book is out on bookshelves right now. At. This. Very. Moment.

But it totally is!

In even greater news, I survived my book launch despite my home town getting upwards of six inches of snow that very night. It took us over two hours to get home from the bookstore.

Nevertheless, people actually came out to support the launch. You can find photographic proof here. I had a blast giving a silly little talk and reading, and even more fun signing the book.

And here are some other random awesome moments of the day:
  • My super-awesome critique partner and artist-writer extraordinare, Cat York drove all the up from Tennessee! It was so nice to meet one of my closest online friends in person. Sadly, I failed to get any pictures.
  • I survived my tv spot. It might've been the chillest part of my day, actually.
  • My agent of awesome sent me a beautiful and tasty Edible Bouquet 
  • I got to see old college friends I haven't seen in years
  • I got good news about my mom's health
  • Overall a great time with great friends and family!
Yes, the day was fabulous. And thanks so much to everyone who gave a shout out about it! Oh, and in case you haven't heard about it before, you can find the book summary and awesome trailer below.


DESCRIPTION
16-year-old Dusty Everhart breaks into houses late at night, but not because she’s a criminal. No, she’s a Nightmare.
Literally.
Being the only Nightmare at Arkwell Academy, a boarding school for magickind, and living in the shadow of her mother’s infamy, is hard enough, but when Dusty sneaks into Eli Booker’s house, things get a whole lot more complicated. He’s hot, which means sitting on his chest and invading his dreams couldn’t get much more embarrassing.
But it does.
Eli is dreaming of a murder. The setting is Arwkell.
And then his dream comes true.
Now Dusty has to follow the clues–both within Eli’s dreams and out of them–to stop the killer before more people turn up dead. And before the killer learns what she’s up to and marks her as the next target.

TRAILER




Mindee Arnett is the debut author of The Nightmare Affair, a YA contempory fantasy out now from Tor Teen (Macmillan), and Avalon, a YA sci-fi thriller coming 2014 from Balzer + Bray (HarperCollins). She lives on a horse farm in Ohio with her husband, two kids, a couple of dogs, and an inappropriate number of cats. She’s addicted to jumping horses and telling tales of magic, the macabre, and outerspace. She blogs and tweets, and is hard at work on her next novel in the Arkwell Academy series. Find her online at MindeeArnett.com.

4 comments:

  1. Awesome, Mindee. Glad your book signing went well even with the snow. So cool your critique partner drove in for it. Can't wait to feature you on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds awesome!! So excited for you and your fabulous book! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved reading about your launch party, Mindee. The Nightmare Affair has one of my favorite Lucky covers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations of the release of THE NIGHTMARE AFFAIR, Mindee! I can't wait to read it! I'm thrilled your launch party went beautifully.

    ReplyDelete