Thursday, April 4, 2013

Release Week: THIS JOURNAL BELONGS TO RATCHET by Nancy J. Cavanaugh

This is the week my middle grade debut THIS JOURNAL BELONGS TO RATCHET, published by Sourcebooks/Jabberwocky, enters the world of readers, and though I'm a writer, I have no words to explain how it feels.  My first book is something I have dreamed about for almost twenty years, and having a dream like this come true, well, what can I say except that I feel more than lucky.

 
THIS JOURNAL BELONGS TO RATCHET is the story of one eleven-year-old's quest to make a friend, to save a park, and to find her own definition of normal.  Ratchet tells her story through the assignments in her homeschool language arts journal. 

Kirkus says in a starred review,
     "A book that is full of surprises . . . . Triumphant enough to make readers cheer: touching enough to make them cry."

PW says,
     "Cavanaugh uses bold, often humorous first-person narration to capture the essence of an unconventional heroine struggling to figure out who she is supposed to be."


So if you are looking for me this week or in the weeks to come, I will be somewhere over the rainbow revelling in the once in a lifetime blessing of being a debut author and being ever-so-thankful to be a Lucky 13.

 


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Nancy! Love the cover! Enjoy the ride. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Nancy, I picked up my copy of THIS JOURNAL yesterday at Brookline Booksmith!! Now I just need you to sign it for me.

    ReplyDelete