Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Yee – Haw! Good times at TXLA!

The Texas Library Association held their annual conference in Fort Worth, TX last week and I was lucky enough to be a part of it.


My badge.


I arrived on Thursday and the conference was well underway. Walking the floor with fellow Lucky 13er, Polly Holyoke, we played a game called Spot the Lucky 13 books. And they were everywhere! I was lucky enough to snag a few copies for myself.

 
My haul.

 
Another highlight of the event was meeting all of the librarians and bloggers. And it was especially fun to meet Lucky 13ers, Mindee Arnett and Cristin Terrill and the Disney Hyperion school and library folks.

 
Polly Holyoke, Me, Dina Sherman (w/ Disney Hyperion) and Cristin Terrill

 

But the absolute best part of the event was the TT4L teen book event on Friday night. This was only for teens and they were able to get signed books from a room full of authors. They were thrilled to be there and it was incredible to see their excitement over books. Most only got as far as the hallway before they found a spot and started reading. It was such a fun experience!

 
My signing station.

 I hope this was just the first in a long line of conventions I will attend. There is nothing like hanging out with a bunch of book people.

 


Ashley Elston lives in North Louisiana with her husband and three sons. Her debut, THE RULES FOR DISAPPEARING, will be published by Disney Hyperion on May 14, 2013. She is now super experienced in signing her name on the title page of her book. 
 
You can find Ashley here:
 
   
 

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Ashley! You are in the countdown. It's MAY!!!!!!! I'll be thinking about you on the 14th.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post!!!! Wish I could've been there! It looks awesome :)

    ReplyDelete