So here they are: the 5 (slightly embarrassing) signs that predicted my future!
1. I started a book club in elementary school with my best friend—and assigned her books to read so that we could discuss them.
2. I did this mainly because I was intent on starting a club of some sort. (Children of the 90’s will understand this best. What were friends for if not to start a Babysitter’s Club or a Saddle Club or a Friends 4-Ever club??)
3. One of my biggest childhood fights with my parents was when they almost stopped me from meeting Judy Blume in our local bookstore. (Don't worry: I won out in the end, and still have my signed book to prove it!)
4. I wrote really, really bad poetry. Everyone has to start somewhere and mine was a leather bound book filled with terrible poems—mostly about my dog.
5. I also wrote (or attempted to write!) plays, which I then would convince my sister and cousins to perform for our (poor, patient) parents.
TRUTH OR DARE is out today!
You can find it at: