Wednesday, June 12, 2013

ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE Release!!!

Yesterday (well as I type this it is still today, which is Tuesday, but when you read this it will be tomorrow, which should be - according to my calculations - Wednesday) my young adult had its official launch day. Launch is kind of a funny word, because it makes me think that my book ought to be headed into outer space, but in reality is launching itself out of boxes and onto bookshelves (or out of the cloud and onto digital readers). Still, this relatively small change from boxes to shelves has my brain in a bit of a jumble as I adjust to becoming an almost author with a book coming out soon to an actual OMG people are buying my book RIGHT NOW author.

So how do I feel about all this? Well, I think could be best summed up by The Doors singing A Reading Rainbow, and that would sound a lot like this:



Okay, I know it's not as good as Fallon's impression of Neal Young doing Fresh Prince of Bel-Air (seriously people if you have not seen this, do yourself a favor and youtube it NOW!) and it also has nothing to do with my book launch at all.

And that's because, to be completely honest, I don't really know what to say about the launch of ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE. Right now I am feeling all the feelings and I don't really know what to say about all of it yet, except that I am so grateful to the people who have read the book and taken the time to write reviews, tweet, or otherwise share ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE with other people. I also feel super lucky to be a debut author in 2013 thus making me one of the Lucky 13s.

Oh and I know one other thing for sure: Today is my launch day, it was an awesome day but now it's time to finally sleep. I may still be in bed by the time you all read this tomorrow.


Kate Karyus Quinn is the author of ANOTHER LITTLE PIECE, a literary horror novel coming in 2013 from HarperTeen. You can find out more about her book on Goodreads, and read more about Kate on her blog or her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment