Congratulations and a very happy book birthday goes to Karen Harrington and SURE SIGNS OF CRAZY, and Teddy Steinkellner's TRASH CAN DAYS: A MIDDLE SCHOOL SAGA!
We asked each of the MG Luckies: How did you spend your summer? Did you get any inspiration for your next or current MG novel during the lazy/busy days of summer?
For me, this summer has been a wonderful mix of being Mom's Taxi Service and finishing the final edits to my next middle-grade book COURAGE FOR BEGINNERS, out in summer 2014. The day after I sent in the final, FINAL manuscript, I took my girls out for an ICEE and we stayed by the pool for hours. Now, we're trying to slow the summer down by keeping our afternoons wide open and swimming and watching movies and reading. I have an inkling of a new story idea and I'm looking forward to writing (and getting a much needed haircut!) when they return to school.
Tamera Will Wissinger
- Celebrate GONE FISHING’s release near my hometown
- Present a workshop to Iowa reading teachers
- Participate on an ALA panel with 15 of my Class of 2k13 mates
- Read from GONE FISHING at ALA’s Poetry Blast
- Work with winning student artists and authors at the State Fish Art Expo
Barbara Brauner and James Iver Mattson
Jennifer Ann Mann
How about you? Did you do anything fun or productive this summer? Tell us about it in the comments!